GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Cockpit Manager '14 - New indie manager game!

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Cockpit Manager '14 - New indie manager game!

Postby cartola » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Hey guys!

I'm here to present you Cockpit Manager '14, an indie F1 management game!

Lead your favorite team in the most important racing competition in the world!

Manage all the aspects of a F1 team: hire drivers, sign sponsorship contracts, develop your car, look for new talents, determine your own strategy during the race, and keep an eye on your budget if you want to be able to race another season!

When you register, you get access to the 'Paddock', area on the website where you can download other playable seasons (like the 1991 Senna vs. Prost vs. Mansell vs. Piquet, and the 1976 Lauda vs. Hunt)

I'm all ears to suggestions, questions and any kind of information that would help the game to develop!

http://www.cartolagames.com.br/en/cockpitmanager

cartola

Re: Cockpit Manager '14 - New indie manager game!

Postby RacerBG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:25 pm

More pictures, please? :1smiley:
RacerBG

Postby cartola » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 pm

Sure!

cartola

Postby Hermann95 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm

As i didn't find a place on your website to post this i'll do it here.
I played your game for a few seasons now(5 seasons 2014, 7 season 1991 and 3 seasons 1976) and i have a few questions:
Will the game be modable in the future?
In my opinion modding is very important as you can see on the example of GP2 or GPW. Nobody would still play this games without mods. In the case of your game having more different seasons to choose from would make the game even more awsome.
Are you planning to update the game?
I like your game very much as it is now but i think there is still quite some potential in it. F.e.
Pay drivers: Pay drivers are very important in F1 especially for backmarker teams.
More Teams: the oportunity to have more than 11 teams on the grid. Would really make sense to me especially if you think of seasons in the 80's or 90's.(Btw. i really like the fact that if a team goes bancrupt a new team will replace it.)

New cars: this is one of the very few things i don't really like about this game. You don't have a new car for the next season. I think it would make sense to have a new category for the investments which is called next years car or something like that. The more you invest into this category the higher is the chance of having a better car. If you invest not much money you'll have a pretty bad car.
All in all this is just my opinion about this topic.

Driver changes: i somehow miss the oportunity to change the driver role during the season, especialy between your race drivers and your test driver. It would really make sense to have the ability to swap your f.e. Test driver and 2nd driver if the 2nd driver is shit.

I have much more things in my mind but this are the most important ones. Hopefully you can answer this questions for me.
Greats Hermann
Hermann95

Postby cartola » Mon May 05, 2014 9:20 am

Hermann95 wrote:As i didn't find a place on your website to post this i'll do it here.
I played your game for a few seasons now(5 seasons 2014, 7 season 1991 and 3 seasons 1976) and i have a few questions:
In my opinion modding is very important as you can see on the example of GP2 or GPW. Nobody would still play this games without mods. In the case of your game having more different seasons to choose from would make the game even more awsome.
I like your game very much as it is now but i think there is still quite some potential in it. F.e.
Pay drivers: Pay drivers are very important in F1 especially for backmarker teams.
More Teams: the oportunity to have more than 11 teams on the grid. Would really make sense to me especially if you think of seasons in the 80's or 90's.(Btw. i really like the fact that if a team goes bancrupt a new team will replace it.)

New cars: this is one of the very few things i don't really like about this game. You don't have a new car for the next season. I think it would make sense to have a new category for the investments which is called next years car or something like that. The more you invest into this category the higher is the chance of having a better car. If you invest not much money you'll have a pretty bad car.
All in all this is just my opinion about this topic.

Driver changes: i somehow miss the oportunity to change the driver role during the season, especialy between your race drivers and your test driver. It would really make sense to have the ability to swap your f.e. Test driver and 2nd driver if the 2nd driver is shit.

I have much more things in my mind but this are the most important ones. Hopefully you can answer this questions for me.
Greats Hermann

Indeed there are plans for other playable seasons! Our team is already preparing new ones to be released

For sure! If no new versions are released (new versions are planned, though) I intend to make new playable seasons (for the current year) for as long as I can.

Pay drivers, More Teams, Driver changes: Good points, nice sugestions!

New cars: Something like that was planned to be in this version already, although I changed the plans in the last minute to keep it more simple. The teams would have a completelly different development system for their cars to the upcoming season, with pre-season testing involved. This is an idea I'm keeping track of.

By the way, thank you for your feedback!
cartola

Postby Hermann95 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Thank you for your reply cartola. It's nice to see that you are still working on this and that you liked my suggestions. Keep on the good work :1wink:
Hermann95

Postby pycku » Sat May 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Hello there!

I downloaded the game and tried it with Caterham. I'm in my 5th season gaining first podium finish but went bankrupt. I have a save from 18th race and I need to find a new sponsor (i have one spot available) and i reloaded it about 10 times, but still no sponsorship offer. Is it possible to get a sponsor 2 races before the end or the program code does not allow it?

Also I noticed that if in qualification two drivers get one and the same time, the second one goes ahead. The exactly happens when 2 teams have same amount of points, although the first one have better results overall. I think this should be changed.

Of course, there are other things to make the game better (for example qualification can be modified). However, overall it is a good game and I consider registering, but the problem with the sponsor irritates me. I need an answer do i have to start from the beginning or there is still a chance for that campaign.

Keep up the good work!
pycku

Postby FRG2000 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:30 am

would you please post a video in game :1smiley:
FRG2000

Postby pycku » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:10 pm

I have just downloaded and tried 2000 season. The point system is wrong (it is the used before 91 with 9 points for the winner) which is a little annoying.
pycku

Postby cartola » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:41 am

You're right, I fixed it already, thanks! :1smiley:
cartola

Next

Return to Other Games