GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Cockpit Manager '14 - New indie manager game!

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Re: Cockpit Manager '14 - New indie manager game!

Postby Tig_green » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Been playing some more and noticed that car technical values changed also during the season, so ignore that comment.

One more thing, maybe add a podium after the race :)

EDIT: would be nice if you also add drivers total points to history information. And "avarage position" would be good too.
Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:48 am

If I may add, I have been playing for 5 season now (free version) and came up with additional ideas and questions. I would really like you to comment some of my ideas and questions before I buy the game :) (these and previous)

- Investments affect how much your car evolve or devolve (if this is a word :P) during a season. I guess you have done some balancing but I found it to be quite extreme when some of my car values decresed from 70 to almost 50 when I changed investment from 130 to 60 (or something like this). I also don't quite understand how this system works because it seems to be a value that is compared to other competitors only. I mean, surely your car can't go much worse during the season compared what it was in the beggining of the season? Also, in reality, it isn't only money that effects improvement rate, it's also talent (see example Ferrari, who couldn't turn around their bad season starts despite all the money in their hands).

This said, I still think this system is pretty ok balanced even now because the worst team at the beggining of a season can't suddenly become regular top 10 car (can't be 100% sure of this because I was always pretty low on money).

- Another thing is random events. During the first few season there were messages after season saying something that some brake or suspension modification were banned or something and driver ability would stand out more. After that I haven't got any of those messages. Is it desinged in a way that sometimes there aren't any such changes to the rules or is there a bug? In my opinion it would be good to have an anouncement even if there aren't any rule changes (for example "rules have stayed the same compared to last season". There should be "rules" window where I can see the current season's rules and maybe planned rule changes for upcoming season(s).

- Concerning game speeds, Is "normal" speed fastest speed also in the paid version? I would like to have speed slider. Imo quali speed is too slow but race speed with "normal" is ok.

- I would like to have more information about tracks. Track characteristics should also affect my tactical choices. Also, if you won't add graphics like dots going around track map then could you consider at least adding track map to track info?

- Could you consider having changing race calendar between seasons? Race order and maybe also the amount of races during a season (lets say 18-22 races per season).

I also agree that you should keep it fairly simple and not to make it too complex. But I think most changes I have succested can be done by tweaking what's already there. And adding some info and graphics.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Last edited by Tig_green on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:20 am

Went ahead and bought the game to support you to make the needed changes and additions ;)
Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Concerning driver ratings, great drivers like Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Räikkönen etc. start loosing their high ratings maybe too fast after the peak age. For example, Hamilton is already pretty slow at the age of 34 in my career. I think that top drivers like him shouldn't lose their high ratings so easily (at least not just because of age). Also drivers shouldn't start thinking about retiring at the age of 36, maybe only in rare cases or it should be more random. There is also pretty high rate of drivers changing their teams so maybe you could consider some kind of loyalty value for drivers?
Tig_green

Postby khriztian » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:21 am

Cartola has released an editor, that allows you to update almost every aspect of the game with ease. Its interesting to see how this game works and the different driver's attributes, especially the potential ability and peak age.

Tig_green, I believe your concerns about Hamilton, Raikkonen, Vettel, etc quickly dropping their attributes is related to peak age. Hopefully, the game has no problem creating new world class drivers for the future.

You can download it in the paddock:
http://www.cartolagames.com.br/en/cockpitmanager

Any modders out there for 2015?

The editor:

Races:

Drivers:

Engines:

Teams:

Hall of fame:

Rules:

Cheers.
khriztian

Postby Tig_green » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:10 am

Hi,

I already noticed the editor. It's good to have for sure. I would like to add new drivers to the database, not just replace existing drivers. Same with engines and teams. And maybe you could add more tracks that are waiting their turn to get into the calendar?

I ran out of money in my season and didn't have engine contract singned yet. Still I automatically got FIA test engine with no cost. There could be setting where you could choose if you get that engine for free in that kind of a situation or do you go bankrupcy (easy and normal level).

As I stated earlier, it's essential to have more freedom in sponsor contracts. There should be a list of changing (available/interested) sponsors to negotiate with (how many races, how much money, how much visibility to your sponsor on your car). I should be able to negotiate sponsor contracts whenever I want.

Cheers.
Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:37 pm

I thought I would offer my ideas again now that I have them :D

- Would be nice to see time gap to a leader in qualification
- I would like to see driver training section. If you driver is weak in some area you could train him (costs you and results are not guaranteed).
- I would like the idea of getting a compensation from a rival team if they would get my driver before his/her contract ends ( and of course enabling trying to get drivers before their contract ends).
- If my team goes bankrupt then I could overtake some other team (maybe limit the choice to last season position 9-11 teams or the new replacing team). It's a shame to end your saved game if you have played like 10 season... I want to create new history :)

I hope you like some of the ideas. Lets make it the best!
Tig_green

Postby cartola » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:04 pm

Hey Tig, thanks for your suggestions.

We are currently working on the new version, and some of your suggestions are indeed being implemented. We have some limitations, however, concerning time (we want it released as soon as we can), and work-force (the team is smaller than last year), and thus we are trying to keep it simple.

The game will be way more complex than the first version, and we are studying the posibility to add in-race animation, which would take a lot of time to be programmed.

Some of your ideas are already programmed, although I tell which ones, as we are keeping it a secret until the release! :1smiley:

Cartola
cartola

Postby Tig_green » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Glad to hear from you :) Very good news. Good to hear that some of my ideas were useful.

Any ETA for the update?
Tig_green

Postby Tig_green » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:13 pm

Some more ideas, I fully understand if these comes too late for the next update, but maybe something to consider in the future:

- News, to make the world of manager more alive.
- Maybe make the game screen bigger?
- I would like to bring up again the importance of swapping driver roles during seasons.
- Also, champion drivers or any race winners shouldn't accept test driver roles.
- There shouldn't be too much randomness in drivers' team swaps. I mean top drivers should always try to get to best available team. But of course they would like to seek some challenges sometimes. (Loyalty rating would affect the willingness to change teams)
- Distinct speed difference between different tyres (atm there isn't enough)
- Maybe drivers could derminate their contract if they are very unhappy with your teams performance (or if their contract allows it). (Of course it's acceptable for not so succesful team to do bad than Ferrari who's excepted to be on top always)

That's all for now :)

Now waiting for that sweet upcoming update.
Tig_green

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games