GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Happy New Year

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Happy New Year

Postby sionco » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Well it's been a quiet end to the year in regards to forum and mod activity to the main two games that brought this community together, GPM2 and GPW.

But, I think that 2016 will be a great year for racing management games.

Firstly, we've got Formula XD, which has beautiful hand drawn graphics and a distinct sense of humour from it's creator Nicholas (you just have to read his blogs to see it). Personally, I really love the car graphics in the game, They remind me of the early nineties and the glamour and fun of Formula 1 (hope you don't mind me posting this image):
Overall, Formula XD, looks like a really fun game, with a mixture of humorous fun and some more serious race team management aspects that should appeal to a wide audience.

Secondly, Race Team Simulator should be released this year, a limited alpha well be released on Steam, followed by the full game late in the year. And after the positively received race engine demo, this game looks like it will appeal to people looking for a more serious simulation of the sport.

My activity has decreased on the forum a bit this year, but just to reassure everyone, that I'll continue to keep the site alive, (I run it on the same server as my personal website) and as always, I'm open to ideas, people writing blog posts and articles and anything really to help the site grow.

Hopefully, as these two promising games get closer to release, the forum community can grow so, whether you want to discuss Formula XD and Race Team Simulator or help out on some mods, please join us on this forum.

And to those who are active in the forum, I wish you a very good 2016. :1cool:

http://www.gpracegames.com/2016-grand-prix-management/
sionco
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion