GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

F1 2013 & Classic Content - Codemasters

A section for you to read and post reviews of F1 racing / management games. We'll try and include your reviews on the http://www.gpracegames.com website.

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

F1 2013 & Classic Content - Codemasters

Postby Sean » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:19 pm

The Best F1 Game Codemasters Have Made Yet - Overall 5/5

F1 2013 is very similar to the previous games but it has taken many issues and solved them along with adding and improving things. Still I feel there are a few stuff that could be improved or added to the game.

Young Drivers Test: Before you start a career you are taken to Abu Dhabi and take part in the testing. The good news is if you have already done this in F1 2012 the game will allow you to skip it and pick a team. The teams you can pick are the slower cars to some of the midfield teams.

Career Mode: Very similar to F1 2012 and all of the previous games they have added in videos of the tracks and they give you advice on how to drive on them so you can improve yourself. The news section has gone a bit downhill it just reports the same thing all the time and if you win a race it never mentions that you have unless you win a few in a row. So your aim is to start with a team and spend 5 seasons trying to win as many championships as possible. You have to try and beat your team mate and impress bigger teams to get a seat with them.

Online: Not many changes here just similar to the previous games. People still get lag and bugs/glitches still occur. Overall online can be good fun if you race with people who know how to drive.

Race Mode: It's still there for you to pick any length of race, track, weather, team and driver. No changes here just that we still have one practice session like in F1 2012. A lot of people want three like in the real sport but Codemasters seem to have ignored this feedback and still give us one.

Classic Content: I had to pay a bit extra for the classical content you get a few tracks and cars to race about on. It is worth paying the extra price for but I'm not happy about that you have to pay more for extra classical content after paying for a full price game. In older F1 games they didn't even charge you extra at all for any classical content you just had to play the game and unlock tracks and cars.

Improvements
1. Car handles more realistic than ever before.
2. Excellent graphics and detail everywhere on track and for the cars.
3. Weather still great and realistic.
4. AI cars seem to drive quicker now.
5. Classical content for the first time ever by Codemasters.

Things needing to be added or fixed

1. Some of the cutscenes are just the exact same as before, no new one's have been added. Still no podium celebration either.
2. No warm up lap.
3. Tyre wear affects the player more than the AI.
4. Some minor bugs and glitches have been found.
5. Still just one practice session.

Overall

F1 2013 has improved overall from the previous F1 games by Codemasters and it also has classical content included. While the game is still not perfect in everyway I believe it's the closest they have got so far. The game is graphically stunning with improved audio and the car handling feels more realistic. But some minor things stop it from being perfect.
Author of GPM2 1986, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Mods

1986 Download
2012 Download
2013 Download
2014 Download
Sean

Re: F1 2013 & Classic Content - Codemasters

Postby sionco » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:47 pm

awesome

added

http://www.gpracegames.com/f1-game-reviews/f1-2013-game-review/

ps. I've changed the urls of the other reviews slightly for seo purpose,
sionco
Site Admin

Postby FRG2000 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 am

F1 2013:

Young Drivers Test
First of all we start with the young driver test.Those ones who played the past games and didn't complete the career mode will found this too boring.However for those ones who are new on F1 games is good.

Career Mode
The career mode is exactly the same as before,but still is good and fun.They changed the initial teams:Lotus and Sauber are now since the begging.

Multiplayer Mode
Both multiplayer modes are pretty much the same as before:spli-screen(for fun with friends)and online multiplayer,both are good.

Handling Mode
The handling mode isn't so sensible as before,but still is kind of sensible.The game remains as fun as before,do.

Scenario Mode (NEW)
The champions mode is changed by the scenario mode,which is a lot better,is way less frustating and is way more fun.They put you in situations and you have to beat them.No else has changed,but is a more quick option.

Classic Content*
*I Have the standard version here,and i think is decent,but overall is too short.They are so cheap from Codemasters to have pay ANOTHER full prized game for extra content? The past games didn't have that,you have plenty of cars and circuits in the game.

OVERALL

Graphics:95
Just excelent detailed graphics and circuits.

Sound:50
Sounds from the cars are great,but the music is too low and no comentary in the race.

Gameplay:60
Decent handling and difficulty but most of the time AI is better due to the game favoring the AI.

Replay Value:20
You have to pay ANOTHER full prized game just for extra content.

69/100(Not average of the above scores.)
FRG2000

Postby sionco » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks FRG2000! I'll have your review on the website soon, after I have worked out the format I want to use for multiple reviews :1smiley:
sionco
Site Admin

Postby sionco » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Here you are:
http://www.gpracegames.com/f1-game-reviews/game-f1-2013-review/

I made a few corrections, but a good attempt at a first review.
sionco
Site Admin

Postby Sean » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:30 pm

If anyone wants this game on the PC now is the time to do it. 75% off on Steam until Monday http://store.steampowered.com/app/223670/
Author of GPM2 1986, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Mods

1986 Download
2012 Download
2013 Download
2014 Download
Sean

Return to Game Reviews