GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Tool: GPWEdit v1.0 - Upgrade and modify GPW!

Links to mods and updates for Grand Prix World

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, RacerBG

Tool: GPWEdit v1.0 - Upgrade and modify GPW!

Postby Veedub » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 pm

GPWEdit v1.0 - Upgrade and modify your Grand Prix World game

Download: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=91100893606608532856

The following prerequisites are required:
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (x86 and x64)
To install, extract the zip archive to a temporary folder and double click the setup.exe file to launch the installer. The installation will be automatic and once complete, will launch the editor.

Warning: Make a back up of all your game folders and files in case anything goes very wrong! I recommend you run several installations of the game so you can keep you mod work separate from your gameplay.

When you run GPWEdit for the first time, clicking on any button will prompt you to configure your Grand Prix World installation folder. This will help set the paths to the files you wish to modify. Once confirmed, you can click on any button again to proceed.

You should start by clicking on the Upgrade Game button to set up your Grand Prix World installation to support the editor. This will automatically install official version v1.01b. It may take 30-60 seconds for the upgrade to complete and a message will appear once done.

From here, you can use the other features of the editor. There may be a number of bugs in the user interface and performance may be a bit slow on Windows 10 (in my quick testing experience).

The Settings button is currently a quick button to change your Grand Prix World installation folder. It may be developed further in the future.

The Launch Game button may or may not be working depending on your setup. It didn't work for me yet.

The game will work under Windows 10 but will be incredibly slow at the qual/race screens, so I recommend using DxWnd to improve the performance. Better still, use Windows 7 for ultimate performance. Refer to this thread for compatibility and performance support.

If there are any bugs (and I'm sure there will be), please reply here and I will line them up for fixing in the next release. I've rushed the last few months of work so that the editor can get some much needed use.

FYI the editor now makes the earlier unofficial v1.02 and v1.03 executables obsolete.
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Re: Tool: GPWEdit v1.0 - Upgrade and modify GPW!

Postby Ferrim » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Fantastic news!

Just as I come back from summer holidays :1grin: I'll see whether I can try it in the next few days.
Ferrim

Postby RacerBG » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:22 pm

The best news this week! :1smiley:
RacerBG

Postby RobClass1c » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:08 pm

I've had a quick play with the editor, what a fantastic tool :1smiley:

I've started a game based on a quick edit, changed some driver and staff stats, played with the chassis values and the game suddenly has a new lease of life.

Great work Veedub :1smiley:

Is there anyway to make Toyota and Michelin available from the start?
RobClass1c

Postby Veedub » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:23 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. We've had about a dozen downloads after the first week, so that's a decent crowd to be pleasing for such an old game. I hope there aren't too many bugs causing any grief so far. Yeah sponsors and suppliers will be the one of the key features I want to include in future. I think Toyota and Michelin currently use an RNG to determine if they will enter for the first season, so I'll see if I can quickly include an option to give them a 100% chance of entering should you wish them to. Hopefully it wont have a side effect for those who choose to leave during the game and then they effectively have a gap year as the hacked RNG will ensure they'll always come back asap. I also realise now that I haven't yet included the ability to change the length of a driver contract at game start. Plenty to do!

:1smiley:
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby bisovic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 am

Hey!

Very good program! I just wait to be able to change the lenght of the contracts :)
bisovic

Return to Mods & Updates