GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Grand Prix World 2016 Mod V1.0 released

Links to mods and updates for Grand Prix World

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, RacerBG

Re: Grand Prix World 2016 Mod V1.0 released

Postby Cerberus23 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:29 am

Hello there,

first of all massive thanks for the hard work you put into this Mod!

I'm playing the german localization of GPW so i downloaded the offered german language file too (thanks to wolverine001 for providing it to the community!). Unfortunately this seems to be a 1:1 copy from the original german GPW and has some inconsistencies regarding the 2016 Mod like:

- Technologie is still Active Suspension, Automatic Gears, Power Brakes and Traction Control.

- Chiefs will mail you about "not getting any points but cars are reliable" even if you finished within the top 10.

- News will regard to Teams being happy about finishing within the first 6 when they scored points.

- No translation of the new made Team descriptions and Info section on starting screen.

- Some smaller typing and grammer errors.

I edit these on the fly playing your mod so i can't tell if i already found all mistakes yet. I packed a first version of the edited german language files for anyone who might need it.

It can be found here: GPWMod2016-German.zip

(I left the race commands untouched meaning they're still in english language since that is how it's beeing communicated in real F1 too.)

----------------------------------------

Furthermore i found some missed out stuff in your Mod like:

Aston Martin engine logo is missing (or corrupted).
Marlboro logo is missing (or corrupted).
Both look like this:

Cash Sponsor Wihuri has S.Oliver logo.
Cash Sponsor Hype has Telcom logo.

Original sounds if a team retires from the race. So if Manor retires the commentator says "Minardi out". These are found within the speeche folder:

WILOUT.wav
TYROUT.wav
WEREOUT.wav (which is the players team)
SAUOUT.wav
STEWOUT.wav
PROOUT.wav
MCLOUT.wav
MINOUT.wav
JOROUT.wav
FEROUT.wav
ARROUT.wav
BENOUT.wav

Don't know if you want to edit these too just thought i'd mention it :)

----------------------------------------

Last of all if have a question regarding setting up the game. Am i doing this right if i do as followed.

1. Patch gpw.exe with the 2016.cst file.
2. Rename gpw.exe to whatever.exe and gpw_251815.exe to gpw.exe and repeat patching.
-> if you're not patching the gpw_251815.exe it will show 2014 as current year.
3. Revert .exe to original names.
4. Start gpw.exe, choose team, save, exit.
5. Patch .sav file with the 2016.cst file.
6. Start gpw_251815.exe, load savefile.
7. Play

If i'm doing this and Aston Martin or a new fuel supplier joined in the original save, they're gone after patching.

Thanks for your time and have fun playing!
Cerberus23

Postby Veedub » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:41 am

Cerberus23 wrote:- Chiefs will mail you about "not getting any points but cars are reliable" even if you finished within the top 10.
- News will regard to Teams being happy about finishing within the first 6 when they scored points.

Welcome Cerberus23 - I can only answer the two points above. I suspect this is not an issue with the 2016 mod itself but with the modding of the points system. Unfortunately the FIA press room was not informed of the hack to the points system to award the top 10 finishers with points. :1wink:
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby Cerberus23 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:33 am

Veedub wrote:
Cerberus23 wrote:- Chiefs will mail you about "not getting any points but cars are reliable" even if you finished within the top 10.

Welcome Cerberus23 - I can only answer the two points above. I suspect this is not an issue with the 2016 mod itself but with the modding of the points system. Unfortunately the FIA press room was not informed of the hack to the points system to award the top 10 finishers with points. :1wink:

It's actually a "problem" within the language file so i changed it (at least for the german version) to suit the situation. Something like "We could have done better but our cars are reliable." and "Team XY is happy to see their cars within the top 10." :1wink:
Cerberus23

Postby frank_olaf » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:45 am

First, I'd just like to say that I'm really enjoying this Mod, thank you.

I do have a few questions about this mod though that I'm hoping someone can help we with.

In the first post it mentions downloading the 2016 xls and applying it to your saved game. How do I do this? To start a new game I followed the instructions in the read me file but didn't see anything about the 2016 xls.

I'm getting the livery issue that a few other people have mentioned (showing the wrong livery when watching qualifying/the race). The suggested fix for this was to use the gpw251815.exe however I am already doing this. Is there another way to fix this?

Finally, just to confirm, are there three potential works engine deals in the game, Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault? I haven't found any more.

Thank you.
frank_olaf

Postby emrahkaran » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:11 pm

grand prix world manager 2017 ??
emrahkaran

Postby Niehoff » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:27 pm

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped to update Grand Prix World.

The creator of this 2016 mod, all the guys who created editors for it or the guy who made the 251815.exe, i just registred myself here to say thank you to everyone of you!
Niehoff

Previous

Return to Mods & Updates