GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Electronics

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Electronics

Postby Kamikaze_Chris » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:08 am

Hi,

I've recently found playing this game enjoyable again. So I thought I'd start a new career with Williams and Jordan on the 1999 mod.
However starting the year 2000, 4 races in and both cars from both teams keep retiring with electronics failure. Can anybody help me? I read somewhere that if your ems and electronics are the same level it gets rid of the problem. I tried that for one race and the problem still exists

Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers
Kamikaze_Chris

Re: Electronics

Postby Nuppiz » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Kamikaze_Chris wrote:I read somewhere that if your ems and electronics are the same level it gets rid of the problem. I tried that for one race and the problem still exists

Your EMS actually has to be one level higher than your best driving aid. For example, if your best driver aid is level 4 semi-automatic gears, you need at least a level 5 EMS to avoid constant electronics failures.

This "bug" was fixed in the 1.02B version of the game, however most mods use the older 1.02 version because the Starfire Editor is only compatible with that.
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Re: Electronics

Postby Kamikaze_Chris » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Ahhh that will explain why I never found this bug previously.

Suppose I better go find a better EMS as running level 8 semi automatic games will do me no favours.

Thank you for your help Nuppiz, just saved this game for me
Kamikaze_Chris

Return to Discussion