GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Race pace issues/inconsistency

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Race pace issues/inconsistency

Postby Senninha25 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi everyone!

First I want to say that it's great (and honestly, amazing) to see that this community is still alive and kicking and the mods' quality keeps getting better.

So just to put some context to this, I'm now playing the 2010 mod and I'm on a reject-to-champion mission with USF1 (currently in the middle of season 3 at the moment), and things have been going well, the team has gone from backmarker to upper-midfield so far and is getting more and more competitive race by race.

Qualifying pace is very good (contenders for pole even without the famous team order at the slower tracks) but in the race, we tend to be 2 to 3 seconds slower than everyone but the lower three teams. Fair enough, I can deal with that with strategy calls and team orders.
The real issue I'm dealing with here is that every time one of my cars leaves the pits, they go over 10 seconds slower for the first few laps of their stint (this is something that lasts for about 5-7 laps) before slowly returning to their best lap times (which were already well off the race pace on their own). This issue has killed a few big points finishes for my team and it's the one bug that I can't seem to get around - I've searched for any other similar experiences around the internet but never really found anything that could address this problem.

Can you guys offer any help or advice from your experience? Thanks in advance!
Senninha25

Re: Race pace issues/inconsistency

Postby Sean » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:20 pm

I've never in all the years playing this game come across your problem perhaps they are slow to start with because you have filled up the car with fuel and towards the end of their stint the car is lighter.
Author of GPM2 1986, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Mods

1986 Download
2012 Download
2013 Download
2014 Download
Sean

Postby Senninha25 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:12 pm

At this point I'm still evaluating what's going on, and what you said about full fuel loads gave me an idea. I always used 40% capacity fuel tanks, so I'm going to try fitting 100% tanks and running them on a full load for the whole race (it's how it should be done to begin with, since it's a 2010 mod :1laugh: ).
Senninha25

Postby Alonso0506 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:30 pm

I must say i do expierence the same thing over and over again and it kinda ruins the fun of the game for me. I am just about hanging on to other cars lets say 3 secs behind someone but after pitstops its like 50 seconds and im not exaggerating. Laptimes go down by 10-15 seconds for a few laps then 5ish and then slowly back to normal pace.

Also is there a certain tactic that works well on every track like when race is 45 laps like hockenheim i only do 1 stop, race with 50ish laps i do 2, and above 60,70 i do 3 stops as tyres other wise wear off to fast.

also certain order for drivers to seem to make a difference. like step on it etc... only do or die seems to bring a mega effect.

thx
Alonso0506

Postby Senninha25 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Well, at least I'm glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this...

As I said in my previous post here, I tried running the cars with 100% fuel tanks and go through the races with tyre changes only, and it went even worse than before...although in hindsight I should've known that cars running full tanks would be far too heavy to put in any competitive laptimes (silly me). So in short, the problem stayed the same and full tanks made the cars go even slower.

The only thing I can really do is keep developing the cars and whichever driver aids that become legal and see if those developments do anything about it. One thing that gave me some hope was having a well-developed Traction Control: as soon as it became legal in my career mode, the cornering speeds and acceleration shot up and somehow partially helped the issue, but the cars still remained very slow in other parts of the lap.

What season mod are you using? Maybe it could be a problem with certain mods...
Senninha25

Return to Discussion