GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Formula XD Dev-Log

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Re: Formula XD Dev-Log

Postby FormulaXD » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Done espionage, your engineer now will sometimes resort to spying on other teams to make improvements if he doesn't feel like he's making good enough progress on his own.

Also, there's a new R&D page affecting your next car's development. Took a little while to sort that one out, it now has a good trade-off between usefulness and simplicity.

Next up, a proper main menu from which you can continue your existing save file, or start a new career, or a specific challenge, or gloat over your accomplishments.

Or quit the game, if you're boring.
Nicholas Heathfield
Creator of Formula XD
(the coolest ever racing management sim currently in development for PC by one guy)
Follow me @FormulaXDgame
FormulaXD

Postby sionco » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:00 pm

FormulaXD wrote:Done espionage, your engineer now will sometimes resort to spying on other teams to make improvements if he doesn't feel like he's making good enough progress on his own.

Also, there's a new R&D page affecting your next car's development. Took a little while to sort that one out, it now has a good trade-off between usefulness and simplicity.

Next up, a proper main menu from which you can continue your existing save file, or start a new career, or a specific challenge, or gloat over your accomplishments.

Or quit the game, if you're boring.

Cool,
Will there be a trophy cabinet?

I can't wait to see all this in action
sionco
Site Admin

Postby FormulaXD » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Sort of. There will be the equivalent of a trophy cabinet, but it won't be made to look like wood and glass, if that's what you mean.

In fact, speaking of look and feel, at the moment I'm putting code aside for a bit to focus on improving the GUI, making it all aesthetically nicer and ergonomically more friendly. Thought I might as well, being a few days ahead of schedule.
Nicholas Heathfield
Creator of Formula XD
(the coolest ever racing management sim currently in development for PC by one guy)
Follow me @FormulaXDgame
FormulaXD

Previous

Return to Formula XD