GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Displays, Previews, Appearances

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Displays, Previews, Appearances

Postby FormulaXD » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:02 pm

A thread for letting people know when and where the game is being exhibited.

To start things off, Formula XD will be appearing on a Twitch channel that highlights and critiques indie games under development. I only found out yesterday that my game was scheduled for this week's show, and it's today.

There are a couple of brand new features in the build that will be shown tonight (1am GMT, 8pm EST), and tuners-in will be the first to know about them.

It's terribly exciting. I can't wait.

http://www.twitch.tv/highsight/
Nicholas Heathfield
Creator of Formula XD
(the coolest ever racing management sim currently in development for PC by one guy)
Follow me @FormulaXDgame
FormulaXD

Re: Displays, Previews, Appearances

Postby sionco » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:05 am

Wow, how exciting, a bit late for me, I'll check it out if it's possible to watch the recording
sionco
Site Admin

Postby FormulaXD » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:41 am

I believe there is going to be a recording on YouTube, although the new features were kind of skimmed over, it was a very quick playthrough.

Therefore I will be publishing the new build for general consumption later today.

Boy am I tired after staying up to watch it. Bed at 2:30am.
Nicholas Heathfield
Creator of Formula XD
(the coolest ever racing management sim currently in development for PC by one guy)
Follow me @FormulaXDgame
FormulaXD

Postby FormulaXD » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:49 pm

Thanks to the behaviour of destructive lunatics who want to bring Europe and the rest of the world into the dark ages, I was a bit unfocussed over the weekend, and almost forgot to go to an event in Leeds where hundreds of small game developers were showing off games in a pub. It was fantastic.

You could ask anyone there, "what are you working on?" and get a unique, genuinely interesting answer each time. A lot of people were very interested in Formula XD, which was really encouraging.

Considering I nearly didn't go, I definitely have no regrets about this little jaunt.

Well, I'm on track to have something nice on Screenshot Saturday, although it might not be the "special" thing I had planned to show a few days ago. I got a bit bogged down with my higher-priority stuff.
Nicholas Heathfield
Creator of Formula XD
Follow me @FormulaXDgame
FormulaXD

Postby sionco » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Good to see you back!

And glad that you got to show your game off!

Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us.
sionco
Site Admin

Postby FormulaXD » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:59 pm

I've just signed up Formula XD to be shown on the 21st of April, at

Ga-Ma-Yo #10

Game Makers of Yorkshire put on their regular indie game show at Leeds, UK - tickets aren't exactly cheap, but there you go. Thought it would be worth mentioning.

Before the event I will have put up more updates online, so keep an eye out for a lot of activity about a month from now.

That's all for now! :1cool:
Nicholas Heathfield
Creator of Formula XD
Follow me @FormulaXDgame
FormulaXD

Postby f1draft » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:44 am

FormulaXD wrote:Before the event I will have put up more updates online, so keep an eye out for a lot of activity about a month from now.

Any activities/news? :1wink:
f1draft

Postby FormulaXD » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:12 pm

Good catch. I've made a couple of Twitter comments, but most of the work I've been doing so far has been getting all the graphics up from "good enough for previews" to "good enough for release". That includes multiple versions for different resolutions.

Because I don't want to put up screenshots that aren't directly from the game itself, I won't be able to demonstrate changes until I implement everything I've been working on - it may be a couple of weeks yet before I'm happy to do that.

To some extent I might be a little behind schedule, but it's difficult to tell, since the to-do list was shuffled around a lot in the last month.

Oh well, can't win 'em all. Rest assured that development continues at full steam ahead. :1grin:
Nicholas Heathfield
Creator of Formula XD
Follow me @FormulaXDgame
FormulaXD

Postby f1draft » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:28 am

I think your game have to be release before RTS if you want to have some success.

Just keep the faith in your project and try to reach the finishing line before the early access of RTS.

I wish you good luck.
f1draft

Postby FormulaXD » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:12 am

RTS's developers, if memory serves, have yet to put graphics in their game. I've found by first hand experience that this takes a lot of time and effort. That, and coming up with puntastic names for all the drivers they use. Why, 60% of my time budget was allocated to that alone!

Oops. Mika Räïkkønën just asked me to say "no it wasn't." It's a fair cop, Mika.
Nicholas Heathfield
Creator of Formula XD
Follow me @FormulaXDgame
FormulaXD

Next

Return to Formula XD