GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Motorsport Manager

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, RacerBG

Re: Motorsport Manager

Postby Joethe147 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:55 am

No one's said anything since release?

It's brilliant. Football Manager with cars is pretty accurate. I've enjoying it a lot. Reddit is a good place to keep track of what people are thinking, so far it seems to be a success which is great, it's one of the top sellers on Steam. People have been doing great stuff with mods so far and that's before Steam Workshop has even been released yet.
Joethe147

Postby JayOTT » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:50 am

Jesus science MM subreddit, you've got one of the least welcoming front-ends to a forum I have ever seen. You've got a Reddit veteran telling you guys to chill out and I can see why;

- The No Flair = Auto-Remove sign is very confrontational especially when it seems like an easy mistake to make.
- The mod that wrote the full rulebook doesn't know proper grammar.
- You have to wait 5 days to post if you don't have a Reddit account already.
- An irrational hate towards ( bracket symbols, an irrational hate towards long post titles...

So yeah that's why I haven't joined you guys on the subreddit and probably won't unless something over there is changed to make things more welcoming and lenient. I get the idea of why all of these rules were put in place, but I think it's important to make the rulebook simple to understand even for newcomers, and you don't want a newbie's first impression of the sub being the feeling of a mod power trip.
JayOTT

Postby JayOTT » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:51 am

I think they did relax a bit over there not long after I made my previous post. I guess if you're okay with a few extra rules that make me think that the mods have OCD, then the sub-Reddit is the best place to talk about the game, otherwise there's alternate channels of discussion like Steam's Discussions tab, RaceDepartement, as well as this very forum.

Anyway, this week is another prime opportunity to get the game if you don't have it. 50% off again and there's even a free trial available during this week only...
JayOTT

Postby JayOTT » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:02 am

Another sales period on Steam right now and since the last post I made in this section they've also added a third type of championship to the game as an expansion pack: Endurance!

It features timed races of up to six hours long in vanilla, two classes racing simultaneously, driver changes with 3 drivers per car, and in the accompanying free update, they've completely reworked pit stops with a new pit crew feature, and re-balanced top speed so that the engine isn't overwhelmingly overpowered.

If you're still wanting to get this game at some point, you may want to make it now, as it looks like the non-sale price has actually gone up...
Last edited by JayOTT on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayOTT

Postby Ferrim » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Thank you for the information!

I guess I should finally give it a try, now that the game seems to have improved quite a bit and that the price is... well, a bargain. 75% off until November 28th means that the game + all DLC content goes from 59€ to 22,75€.

Now, considering how little free time I have to sit in front of the PC and do whatever I want the question is: do I save 36.25€, or do I waste 22.75€? :1grin:

I guess I could purchase just the basic game at 8,75€, and then the DLC content at some later date, if ever.
Ferrim

Postby JayOTT » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:18 am

In regards to the whole 'buying a game you won't play right now' dilemma, I've got quite the backlog of games that you could say I 'wasted' money on but I never personally felt like I 'wasted' said money because I know I'm going to get around to most if not all of them eventually. What I play really depends on my current frame of mind.

Like, I got burnt out from racing manager games for a while and that's why the GPW series took a hiatus, but I know I have unfinished business so I will finish that.
JayOTT

Previous

Return to Discussion