GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

How to: Play the game

Discussion about the game F1 Manager Professional.

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, sionco, RacerBG

How to: Play the game

Postby Veedub » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:40 am

All games are best experienced by playing and learning the game first. Use the tools within the game to understand how you can become a better player. If you want to fast-track your gameplay and don't mind losing out on the learning experience, have a read of the following suggestions and use the guides at the bottom of this post.

What is stability?
Stability is the predictability of the car during braking and cornering. The higher the stability rating of a car, the less likely a driver is to make a mistake during a lap.

What is air resistance?
Air resistance is the drag efficiency of the car moving through the air. The higher the air resistance rating, the slower the car will be down the straights.

What is G-force?
G-force (or downforce) pushes the car downwards into the track. The higher the downforce rating, the more grip the car will have when braking and cornering.

How can I make my cars go faster around a particular track?
Making your cars go faster depends on the characteristics of each track. Tracks with a high average speed (due to fast corners and long straights) will reward car setups that have low air resistance. Tracks with a low average speed (due to slow corners and short straights) will reward car setups that have high downforce.

What tyre choice should I make for a particular track?
Harder tyres are best matched to tracks with a high average speed and conversely, softer tyres are best matched to tracks with a low average speed. In this game (and it does not seem very realistic), harder tyres achieve higher top speeds down the straights but are slower in corners. And softer tyres reduce top speeds down the straights but are faster in corners.

What wing angles should I use for each track?
Your wing angles should be based on the optimum G-force level for the track.

How do I determine the optimum G-force level for a track?
Use the setup guide I have included below as a starting reference.

Guides
If you do not have Microsoft Excel, you can either use this site to upload and view your Excel file, or download and install the Microsoft Excel Viewer.

For any additions or changes to this post, or broken links, please PM me. :1smiley:
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Return to Discussion