GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Info: Pay driver rating and cash commitment

Use the wiki to refer to underlying game logic, modding techniques and as a technical reference.

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, RacerBG

Info: Pay driver rating and cash commitment

Postby Veedub » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:56 am

A pay driver is a driver that displays a negative salary in the game, and pays this amount to the team each year, rather than the team paying the driver a salary.

Each pay driver has an underlying rating attribute (not displayed in the game) which is a number between 1 and 5. The higher the number, the larger the cash commitment the driver brings to the team. There may be game logic attached to the rating attribute, however nothing has been confirmed at the time of writing.

Every season, a driver may change their pay driver rating attribute and their cash commitment.

The five levels of cash commitment are listed below for each rating figure, and a negative salary amount is randomly calculated to the nearest $100,000 within the salary band.

Code: Select all
Pay driver salaries ($million):
Level 1: 2.6-3.5
Level 2: 3.6-4.5
Level 3: 5.6-6.5
Level 4: 7.6-8.5
Level 5: 9.6-10.5

EDITOR: By entering a negative salary into the salary field for a driver, the editor will identify the correct rating attribute to use and set race and championship bonuses to 0. If the entered negative salary falls outside of the ranges shown above, the salary and rating will be rounded down to the appropriate figures. A future enhancement to the editor may include the ability to adjust the salary bands.
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Re: Info: Pay driver rating and cash commitment

Postby enwrong » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Are you saying you can edit these figures in the GPWEdit v1.0 ? So I could assign Montermini a value of -500K, as he was 100% a pay driver. Or do I have to edit a different stat?
enwrong

Postby Veedub » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:17 am

That's correct, a negative salary in GPWEdit v1.0 should trigger the game to flag Montermini as a pay driver. If it doesn't work,it should work in the next version of GPW Edit as I have made improvements to this area.
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby Niehoff » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:11 am

Its working. I tested it in my 2018 mod with Sirotkin and Stroll. Worked perfectly
Niehoff

Postby enwrong » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:45 pm

Great, I'll try this when modding.

Another question if you can help with gentlemen.

I'm trying to replace all these non f1 drivers with real ones, but drivers like alonso, delarosa, webber, I can't select their nationality. How do I add the nationality of Spain & Australia?
And also, do I have to add the flag img for this? If so, where do I put it and what dimensions?

thanks!
enwrong

Postby Niehoff » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

The nationalitys are limited to a fix number. so the only thing you can do is replace nations with new ones.
Because of that i had to make some compromises in my mod. I made Leclerc french, kubica russian. Not the best, but all you can do.
Niehoff

Postby enwrong » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 pm

Niehoff wrote:The nationalitys are limited to a fix number. so the only thing you can do is replace nations with new ones.
Because of that i had to make some compromises in my mod. I made Leclerc french, kubica russian. Not the best, but all you can do.

Rip. So I guess Alonso is going to be Colombian with De La Rosa. :P
enwrong

Postby Niehoff » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:17 am

Or replace columbian with the spanish nationality. I would take the nationality with more drivers
Niehoff

Return to Wiki