GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

1982 Mod Project

Post links to mods and updates for Grand Prix Manager 2.

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Re: 1982 Mod Project

Postby ivaneurope » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:28 pm

I may have a workaround for making all teams playable. Even though the team slots are 13 I may have found a solution if anyone wants to play for example with Theodore, because why not. There are 16 teams that have used 2 or more drivers out of 18. Fittipaldi, Ensign and Theodore were the only teams that enetered a single car entries, but Theodore used 4 drivers in their single car that's why they will be included. My idea is to have "sets" of .gps and .pcx that would correspond with the teams in the set. Now the sets could be 2,3,4 or more dependent on the number of teams. Nuppiz, if you need any further questions about this concept PM me ASAP
ivaneurope

Postby Nuppiz » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm

That is an intriguing proposal. I actually had a similar thing in mind when I originally made the 1994 Mod; a patch that would've contained all the necessary files needed to swap between Simtek and Pacific. It never came to fruition, probably because I was too preoccupied with contantly making new mods at the time.

Making similar patches for some of the teams "left over" from this mod would be possible, however I need to see how much time and motivation I have left by the time the main mod is complete. It does require modifying the config, the EXE, a few EDYs and quite a number of PCXs (TV graphics mostly), but it certainly is possible without having to create entirely new versions of the mod for each team.

Now I just need to research the major personnel of those teams...
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Postby ivaneurope » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Nuppiz wrote:That is an intriguing proposal. I actually had a similar thing in mind when I originally made the 1994 Mod; a patch that would've contained all the necessary files needed to swap between Simtek and Pacific. It never came to fruition, probably because I was too preoccupied with contantly making new mods at the time.

Making similar patches for some of the teams "left over" from this mod would be possible, however I need to see how much time and motivation I have left by the time the main mod is complete. It does require modifying the config, the EXE, a few EDYs and quite a number of PCXs (TV graphics mostly), but it certainly is possible without having to create entirely new versions of the mod for each team.

Now I just need to research the major personnel of those teams...

Well, I see that you've shown some interest and when the 1994 mod is revisited, that would be good start ;)
ivaneurope

Postby Nuppiz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:22 pm

As the 1992 Mod Remastered is now done, I'm fully working on this. Here's some progress, all team and driver data (and photos) is now in:

I had to change some nationalities to make all of them fit properly.
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Postby FranS99 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Hey, this caught my attention and, I dunno, I wanted to know if there's anything I could help with~ :1smiley:
To be honest, 1982 was one of my fav seasons in F1, not saying this because of you what happened (Villeneuve killed, Pironi with broken legs, Paletti also killed, Reutemann quiting after 1 incredible race thanks to Falklands War), but also because was, in some way, an incredible season, where Rosberg won because half of his rivals were having such problems with reability, for example.

But hey, if there's anything I could help with, I'm already ready for this. :1tongue:

(By the way, I'm back, I went off that time because I got busy with school and projects, but now that I'm free, I can really come back to GPM2; I really missed being here :1cry: and also... I shall learn about everything again, but I don't care xD)
I will drive flat out all the time… I love racing.
FranS99

Postby Nuppiz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi, thanks for your interest in this project! :1smiley:

The project has been very much on-and-off for the whole year, I've sometimes worked on the mod for a few days and then not done anything for months! At the moment there isn't that much work left to be done. Off the top of my head, this is the to-do list:

• Implementing custom tracks and the EXE work related to them (one solid afternoon and evening of work)
  • TV pictures (also a 1-2 day job)
  • Sponsors have to be completely redone as the cars are so different, besides the 90s-era sponsors wouldn't really fit this mod anyway (this could take a few days)

Thanks for the offer of help, but I'll try to do these myself. I don't doubt you have the skills needed, I just happen to be a bit of a perfectionist and want everything done in a certain manner. :1grin: Since I missed the 35th anniversary of the season already, I'll try to get this done by the 10th anniversary of my first GPM2 mod release (which would be 1st February).

In the meantime have some more sneak peeks. As this mod takes place in an entirely different era compared to my other mods, I changed a lot more menus and graphics than usual:
Nuppiz

Postby FranS99 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:20 pm

Oh my goodness me! Such amazing work! :1shocked:
I see why haha, no worries 'bout that, I understand that feeling very well. xD
And I can already say this is gonna be one of the best mods ever created in the history of GPM2, just because the way it's getting and how beautiful is. :1tongue:
FranS99

Postby Nuppiz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm

Started working on the sponsors, so here's one more sneak peek for tonight:
Nuppiz

Postby FranS99 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:45 am

Nuppiz wrote:Started working on the sponsors, so here's one more sneak peek for tonight:

Woah! Superb awesomesauce quality! :1shocked:
I'm really lookin' forward it, I can already feel the hypeness in my body for testing it. :1tongue:
FranS99

Postby FranS99 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Hey Nuppiz, how are things going? I just wanted to know if everything was alright, not a big deal ahaha :1tongue:
FranS99

PreviousNext

Return to Mods