GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

GIMP Pallet

The places for tools editors and downloads for GPM2

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

GIMP Pallet

Postby hickto » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 am

Hi All

Does anyone know where I can get the GIMP Pallet for GPM2? I tried to get it from the GPM2World site in the downloads section, but the link to the download doesn't work.

Thanks
James Hunt: The closer you are to death, the more alive you feel. It's a wonderful way to live. It's the only way to drive.
hickto

Re: GIMP Pallet

Postby Nuppiz » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 am

Looks like uploads.gpm2world.com is down and out. Good thing I have backups of every file hosted there.

Here's the GIMP palette: https://www.firedrive.com/file/5EEDA57180C123C2
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Postby Cafiso » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:49 am

Hey Guys,

maybe someone of you can help me.
I tried to import the Gimp Pallet into Gimp but it dosent work...maybe im to stupid...
Some help how it works with the actual Gimp Version would be great.

Edit: Okay i think i got it but no matter what i do my pics look always like trash.
Tried it even with Photoshop ...same resulte :( plz help

Thx

Cafiso
Cafiso

Postby Sean » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Cafiso wrote:Hey Guys,

maybe someone of you can help me.
I tried to import the Gimp Pallet into Gimp but it dosent work...maybe im to stupid...
Some help how it works with the actual Gimp Version would be great.

Edit: Okay i think i got it but no matter what i do my pics look always like trash.
Tried it even with Photoshop ...same resulte :( plz help

Thx

Cafiso

I never got Gimp working properly the images always came out badly as well so I've always used Photoshop. Are the images coming out poor quality in Photoshop? When you go to apply the palette a box called "Indexed Color" should appear then the setting I use under the Options I set Dither to Diffusion then the Amount to 100% and make sure you tick the box to "Preserve Exact Colors".
Author of GPM2 1986, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Mods

1986 Download
2012 Download
2013 Download
2014 Download
Sean

Postby Cafiso » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:14 pm

Thx

But im confused what do you mean with "Dither to Diffusion then the Amount to 100% and make sure you tick the box to "Preserve Exact Colors".!

Can you give me maybe a step by step plz :(

like first click this -> this -> this and so on

My Pics look like this

Cafiso

Postby Nuppiz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Dammit, this is what happens when I release stuff without testing it properly.

The GIMP palette file was messed up, some of the colours didn't match the GPM2 originals after all. Here's a new palette, I tested it and it works 100%: https://www.mediafire.com/?upxjm8gp8g9dd9x
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Postby Cafiso » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:35 am

Seems im really total retard :(
But i dont got it...dont know what i do wrong.

Pic -> Mode -> Indexed and choose GMP2.gpl.

Then i resize the pic.

After this the pic look like this.

After this i export the pic as a .pcx file and overwrite it in TVS folder.
But ingame still the same resulte :(
Cafiso

Postby Nuppiz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Cafiso wrote:Seems im really total retard :(
But i dont got it...dont know what i do wrong.

Pic -> Mode -> Indexed and choose GMP2.gpl.

Then i resize the pic.

After this the pic look like this.

After this i export the pic as a .pcx file and overwrite it in TVS folder.
But ingame still the same resulte :(

Resize the picture before you apply the palette. Resizing a picture almost always includes resampling (unless you specifically tick that off), which will convert the image back to 24-bit format even though you had the palette applied before.
Nuppiz

Postby Schumachernr1 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Hey all, don't really know were best to put this, so this will have to do.

On the old (GPM2World) forums, (good old) Ian posted a version of the GPM2 palette in .PNG form which i used all the time with Photoshop CS6. Now i obviously can access that file anymore, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the "other ones" that are hosted on here. Can anyone point me in the direction of this, or can "make" me a .PNG version, that be great :1grin: .

Another thing, and a different subject, is it possible to still change team logo's (using Starfire, for example) after you already started a save?

Thanks guys :1grin:
Schumachernr1

Postby Nuppiz » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:39 pm

Schumachernr1 wrote:Hey all, don't really know were best to put this, so this will have to do.

On the old (GPM2World) forums, (good old) Ian posted a version of the GPM2 palette in .PNG form which i used all the time with Photoshop CS6. Now i obviously can access that file anymore, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the "other ones" that are hosted on here. Can anyone point me in the direction of this, or can "make" me a .PNG version, that be great :1grin: .

Another thing, and a different subject, is it possible to still change team logo's (using Starfire, for example) after you already started a save?

Thanks guys :1grin:

You mean a PNG file with the GPM2 palette applied? In that case I've got you covered: https://www.mediafire.com/?cmg0n848vaalez9

A save file contains only data, not graphics, so it's perfectly possible to change any graphics and have these changes appear in an existing save. In fact, this can even be done while the game is running, as graphics are reloaded each time you change "screens" (i.e. go through the menus) so you can instantly see the changes without having to restart the game. There is only one limitation: if you're using the Starfire Editor to change graphics, you can't be running the game from the same EXE file that is currently configured in the editor as the export function won't work if the EXE is currently being used. This can easily be circumvented by copying the EXE and using this copy to test out the changes on the fly while the original EXE remains configured in the editor.
Nuppiz

Next

Return to Tools & Downloads