GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Grand Prix Hero

Post your game development log here and keep everyone updated.
If your regular you can get your own forum section.

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Re: Grand Prix Hero

Postby sionco » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 pm

A few updates, as I've done a bit of work since the last one.

I've added drifting to the game. This can be changed from a lot to none by changing either the friction of the ground or the tyres grip variable.

I've also improved the player controls more, so they feel better on a keyboard. Hopefully, I'll soon add touch screen controls for mobile phones and joypad support for normal computers.

I've also added a minimap, which now has little red and green blobs for the player and computer cars, although I still haven't improved the track graphics.

I've added a new circular race track, but not happy with it.

Finally, I've made the game more mod friendly:
1. All the different cars have their own text file, where things such as BHP, mass, aerodynamics can be changed. Also, each team can have up to four different car designs. Will make it easy if I ever make games for other series such as nascar, indycar and BTCC.

Read the full blog post here: http://www.sionco.com/grand-prix-hero-development-mods/
sionco
Site Admin

Postby Veedub » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:38 am

Love the screenshots - did you do the track graphics yourself? I like the tiles! :1smiley:

Can i ask what language you are coding in and what graphics library are you using? e.g. C++/OpenGL?
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby sionco » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Thank you. I should update this a little more often.

I did the grass myself, quickly, and the track tiles have been adapted (the joints between tiles) as I needed something quick as a place-holder, but I'm going to do them all again on. own tiles again,
Also, I have a problem between tiles, bleeding into each other.. but it'll be quite easy to fix.

I'm using a great little game language called Monkey X, which converts one code natively to different languages, such as for iOS, android, flash, windows. I've also started to learn and include box2D this week for the collisions.
sionco
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dev-Logs