GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

The most realistic way ever!

Grand Prix Manager 2 Season Campaigns Discussion

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

The most realistic way ever!

Postby Fawkes » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Hey guys, after a while i'm back here to tell my new stories, this time in GPM2. I re-discovered the game, after spending some trouble times with GPW, wich onde day I'll figure out how to play reasonably well.

Anyway, the first manager I've ever played was GPM2, and of course it was love at the first time. Back in 2009, 2010, I've managed to "win" the game, especially playin in the original version, 1996 season. At that time, I was running with my fictional team, Coyote F1, building it ground to the top. Starting in 96, I was running wild to the top, growing time after time, race after race, season after season. In 96 we achieved minor results, improving to podiums and many points in 97, en route to a double win in 98-99 with Barrichello and Diniz (yeah, Im a brazilian dude, lol).

At that time, I couldn't figure out that I was actually...cheatting, or at least taking advantage in game bugs. When I came here to discuss and learn some things about GPW, I was reading the forum topics and learned forma a discussion between some guys that the command ''do or die'' was unrealistic. And for sure it is, and you guys must know that shit lol. Plus, I didnt have any skills or even patience to manage the team during the race, skipping it after making sure my drivers were in good car conditions and in the first row. Another fake feature to take advantage is to release your drivers when the top runners start their flying laps. In this conditions, with low fuel and using as much as you can your car, you can qualify in the top 5 easily. And so I did it.

Another topic about this unfair gameplay was cheatting with saves, I mean, trying to acquire as many tech developed by other teams and not using features like that on my on. Finally, I discovered also that you dont need to develop you new car design year after year since you completed it once. I wonder if there is actually som real changes in performance depending on the skills of your chief designer. In those years I dreamed with the possibility of playing season after season using the same save in diferent mods, displaying drivers, teams, circuits, performances and so on like they were in real life, being the only difference that my team would be on the grid. At that time I sucked even harder in english and didnt realized that nuppiz developed the right and simple tool in order to fix the bizarre game changes in the grid season after season.Of course this is all about this old game limitations, but anyway, I decided to play a fair game from now on, and this is how:

- i started my new campaing in real 96, with Mondragon team f1.
- Decided to play it fair, ordering only step on it to drivers improve their times
- qualifying with a 'lonely' lap, avoiding being pushed or slowed down by any one
- watching the race until the end in order to avoid skipping the hole process and receiving some bizarre results after race, like Forti Corse 1-2 lol
- After finishing a season, using the customise feature to put order in the game, calendar, designers, chiefs, engineers, drivers etc. creating a new GCF. based on my save for the previous season

And this is it, Im enjoying it very much now being able to play dinamically GPM2 over the 90s. Still in mid 97, but until now have been way much funnier than playing in other ways. Do you guys ever thinked about playing GPM2 like this? Is this the best way to achieve what I wanted from the beggining? Hope you enjoy the post and forgive my poor english. If we started a discussion Ill bring data, print screens and so on to show my progress, the cool things and the bizarre ones too.
Fawkes

Re: The most realistic way ever!

Postby Ferrim » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:46 pm

I will be reading you! Sounds interesting - I used to do similar things when I had the time!
Ferrim

Postby Fawkes » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Thanks Ferrim! Ill bring some data and so on when I had time to manage my team again. Also in this project, Ive been drawing what would be my car spec, based in the 96 cars, and then in the others, creating my own liveries wich are composed by in game sponsors also. I think it is a great exercise of creativiy, bringing me back to my childhood when I used to spent hours playin around with car toys, drawing my teams and ficctional drivers, watching races, Speed Racer and so on

Now in mid 97, things went way wrong, far away from my expectations, actually lol... Im trying to figure out what was the crucial point when I commited some mistake, creating the car or whatever the problem is. Fact is, we all work in game to have a better season after finishing a poor one, and it is very disappointing when you screw things up :1grin: Im havin trouble with the car pace, failing even to qualify. And when I managed that, my cars usually fail to finish the race...So speed and reliability are the main issues by now
Fawkes

Postby sionco » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:17 pm

An interesting way to play the game.

It would be great to see the car livery you've designed
sionco
Site Admin

Postby Fawkes » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:25 pm

How can I upload my drawing up here? im not used to this forum system at all... it requires having a pic of my car somewhere in the internet to show it here?

Also, thanks guys for enjoying this little story of mine. Im finishing 97 and soon will update the results for you. And also start to draw the 97 design car, changing somethings in the liverie and in the car spec, especially because car changes year after year
Fawkes

Postby sionco » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:17 am

When you write a new post, at the bottom of the post, there's an Upload attachment option.
sionco
Site Admin

Postby Fawkes » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Thanks Sionco, I did not realize that was easy like this :1cool: sorry for that

But anyway, Im actually finishing my 96 car spec design. I used my bamboo drawing tablet in order to design it based on the McLaren from the same year. The reason for that is that Im a big fan of McLaren and their car designs always rocked. But you can see differences in the design overall, and of course in the painting. I will finish it soon or later, erasing wrong things, bringing up new details and making the design for the drivers outfit too, and also the car specs data like weight, power and so on
Attachments
mondragonteste''.jpg
mondragonteste''.jpg (66.9 KiB) Viewed 4244 times
Fawkes

Postby Fawkes » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:18 am

Hey guys, Im back here for more. Finally completed my 96 spec car, and in the career Ive finished the 97 season. To finish the first part of the story, there is nothing pretty much special to talk about. 96 was a year of much learning for Mondragon F1, with its manager working hard planning everything else for the future, ordering the CAD facilitie to be built, for example. The drivers were part of the problem and its solution, also. Trying to find a balance between good and rentable drivers that could provide some extra cash, we've started the season with Mazzacane and Noda. The lack of reliability and speed was a huge problem, since the chassis was not a great deal and the team didnt have all the resources to focus in the current season, programming a better future saving cash n order to survive at least the next 5 seasons with 20 mi budget. All the focus was to complete the 97 car design as fast as we could to avoid a possible outdated car spec in Melbourne 97.

In mid season the team managed to contract the very talented italian Max Papis, the one who bring up some extra speed and reliability and also some good money for its value. In a chaotic scenario taking place in Magny Cours, with many cars crashing or suffering problems, Papis and Mondragon had the taste of glory achieving a superb 7th place ahead of more two cars. The chassis had some good pace, but in order to save the best for the next seasons the team didnt bring much more improvements to internal or external parts. The same for the advanced steering, since the designers had already much to do in a hurry to finish the next year car. But nothing was that easy, with several problems faced in races, and even a couple of races we could not even make enough to qualify our poor car. At the end of the season Damon Hill won the drivers title with Villeneuve second, and everything went like the real season, despite the bizarre results of Benneton.

To finish, this is the final spec of the 96 car, with the sponsors ive got during the season and so on. Hope you enjoy and comment what you think about all this shit :1laugh:
Attachments
mondragon96.jpg
mondragon96.jpg (425.92 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
Fawkes

Postby Fawkes » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:16 pm

1997 Season

So after a good launch in F1, getting to know everything and adapting myself to this new way of playing the game, Mondragon finally reached 1997 season. Things looked good enough to this new year, but a huge problem happened just in the beggining of 97. In my own calculations in order to survive for at least 5 seasons with the initial budget of 20mi, Ive had a small team of five stars designers working only to get the new car ready made for 97 and nothing more. The progress at the end of each race was always 6%, and the result of this was the fact that i havent finished the new car chassis in order to the first race, Melbourne 97.

Running with the 96 spec car, Max Papis and new fellow mate brazilian boy Ricardo Rosset couldt have done nothing more than the usual. The car struggled and Mondragon failed to qualify to the season opener. The new car, M-Dragon 97, launched its way in the next race. Everything was supposed to be ok for a great start, but lack of real testing (i was very confident with my new spec) and no development of the only driver aid allowed, the advanced steering, made the launch a big mistake for my team. With low quality bridgestone tyres and low quality total fuel, but a pretty good and lightweight engine (Nissan mx V8), the project had everything to start a good brand new season.

The truth was a real challenge to even qualify our new car, only having our first GP in our home site and testing circuit: the 4th round of the season and start of the european part of the championship, the spanish grand prix. In that ocasion, Papis only achieved a poor 19th place. The car had some great potential, but lack of testing and late development in both chassis and driver aids made our season fucking tougher :1grin: After this first GP, only in round 8 weve managed to start racing again to the end with Papis, as Rosset only qualified more three times, facing the same problems again and again... some additional testing helped getting the chassis right, and later on the season weve had level 5 star advanced steering, but nothing like new internal or external parts to use (as Im playing fair, not cheating to steal or making tech deals with rivals). To make things even worst, in after the 15th round Rosset crashed its chassis making me run with Papis alone, since weve had nothing more to win or lose, after all...

In this season, Mika Hakkinen managed to win his first title antecipating its real one (98), having a great battle during all season with Schumacher. The original season champ, Villeneuve, only made 5th place with Williams, also antecipating the team decline in one year. So the brits finished 3th in constructors, behind McLaren and Ferrari. Other strange things happened, like Prost finishing up high in 4th, courtesy of the great (in game only lol) Panis. Jordan scored the same as Benneton, wich had a great recovery after the poor 96 season. But the most bizarre one was Tyrrel, scoring 10 points and beating Stewart, Arrows, Sauber and of course, Mondragon and Minardi. This is it guys, im trying to finish the 98 season until the end of the week, already started planning the 98 design car too. Hope you enjoyed and keep waiting some feedback of you all, even if it is suposed to make critics and say that Im the worst team manager all time :1tongue:
Attachments
mondragon97.jpg
mondragon97.jpg (440.73 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
Fawkes

Postby dlcechin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi guys ! http://www.gpm2world.com/ is not found ! Somebody can help me ?
dlcechin

Next

Return to Season Campaigns