GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

1982 Mod Released!

Post links to mods and updates for Grand Prix Manager 2.

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Re: 1982 Mod Project

Postby DNPQ » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:48 pm

Great news! I finally waited for this mod. I almost finished the first season and saw a few bugs. At the stage in Long Beach at the time of the race, somewhere after 18 laps, all but one of Reutemann’s came down. All the reason for the gathering - Unknown. At Brands Hatch, racers 14 through 26 do not move correctly at the time of start, and go at the same time as the cause Engine. On the Zandvoort track, the lap time is less than a minute and no one qualified for the race. There is also something wrong with one of Brabham’s TV pictures. The balance of the teams, in principle, suits, the teams with turbo engines have an advantage on most of the tracks, only in Detroit Rosberg had a pole. That's all for now. Today I will continue to play.
DNPQ

Postby FranS99 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 pm

DNPQ wrote:(...) the teams with turbo engines have an advantage on most of the tracks, only in Detroit Rosberg had a pole. That's all for now. Today I will continue to play.

Actually, that's supposedly to happen, both in real-life like in-game, since Turbo's were actually a bit... Too powerful. The mainly reason of why Keke won the 1982's championship was "reability". Renault's were a time-bomb every single race, Ferrari's... Well, Gilles got killed in Zolder & Didier (the mand that was leadin' the championship so far) broke his legs & F1 career in Hockenheimring, but they were able to the the WCC; Brabham were... Nowhere to be seen after Piquet's championship in 1981; Alfa Romeo... Almost same as Renault but a bit off of the pace, and Toleman... They hadn't sign Senna just yet. The rest were all using or the 1967' DFV V8 Cosworth, or Ligier's personal supplier, Matra with a V12. :1tongue:
I will drive flat out all the time… I love racing.
FranS99

Postby DNPQ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:47 am

As far as I know there is no way to affect the reliability of the engine in the game except to overestimate its power. But in this mod power is relatively low at all, so no yellow kettles we will not see, unfortunately :1smiley:
DNPQ

Postby Nuppiz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:04 pm

To my knowledge engine quality is pretty much the same as reliability, so it can be edited to an extent. And I gave turbo engines less quality than the naturally-aspirated ones, but perhaps the difference is not enough.

Another limitation is that since the game was designed in the mid-90s, it can't simulate things such as the massive turbo lag that the engines of this era suffered from. So the balance between turbo and NA engines is really hard to mod in properly. This is why I refrained from making pre-1989 mods for so long, because I thought that I couldn't make the balance even remotely decent.

The Brabham TV picture was quick to fix, as it was just missing the shade layer. You can easily fix this yourself by deleting TYREE.PCX, then making a copy of ENDE.PCX and renaming it accordingly. I used the same photo for both anyway...

The custom track issues might be more problematic because track editing is pretty much the only thing about GPM2 that I know very little of. But I'll see what I can do.
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Postby DNPQ » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:04 am

I edited the Zandvoort speed in GPM2 Track Editor
http://www.mediafire.com/file/32okc8rcc ... t.rar/file
Version of Brands Hatch Mod 1987 works steadily, without a bug at the start
DNPQ

Re: 1982 Mod Released!

Postby Nuppiz » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:24 pm

I tried fixing the Long Beach track. And initially I thought I succeeded in it, but in the end I only managed to change the lap when everyone explodes to about lap 56 or so. So for the time being I'm not using it, instead I'm opting for vanilla Hungaroring as a placeholder.

At this stage there's not really anything I can do to further improve the mod. Some custom tracks are still missing, but making those is out of my league. All of the relevant data is already in the EXE though, so everything is ready for whenever someone makes those tracks.

Thanks to Backmaker, ivaneurope, Sean, Giovani Sàntana and mediocre for the custom tracks. Major thanks to Frans99 for feedback, and DNPQ for testing and the patch for Zandvoort as well as pointing out the functional version of Brands Hatch.

Exactly 10 years ago I released my first full season mod, 1993. And fittingly enough, that will be my next overhaul project. Stay tuned for more next year!

Download here and enjoy!
Last edited by Nuppiz on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Postby FranS99 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:47 pm

Nuppiz wrote:I tried fixing the Long Beach track. And initially I thought I succeeded in it, but in the end I only managed to change the lap when everyone explodes to about lap 56 or so. So for the time being I'm not using it, instead I'm opting for vanilla Hungaroring as a placeholder.

At this stage there's not really anything I can do to further improve the mod. Some custom tracks are still missing, but making those is out of my league. All of the relevant data is already in the EXE though, so everything is ready for whenever someone makes those tracks.

Thanks to Backmaker, ivaneurope, Sean, Giovani Sàntana and mediocre for the custom tracks. Major thanks to Frans99 for feedback, and DNPQ for testing and the patch for Zandvoort as well as pointing out the functional version of Brands Hatch.

Exactly 10 years ago I released my first full season mod, 1993. And fittingly enough, that will be my next overhaul project. Stay tuned for more next year!

Download here and enjoy!

Well, there's nothing else we could actually do right now, but, it's more than enough! Thanks, Nuppiz, for everything.

By the way, I clicked in the link, and, Houston, I think we have a problem :1tongue: :

But, anyways, hella amazing job, again, with all of this. :1smiley:
I will drive flat out all the time… I love racing.
FranS99

Postby Nuppiz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Bugger... of course when I try to release something on a schedule it breaks. :1tongue:

Link should be working now.
Nuppiz

Postby Sean » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:02 pm

Just catching up with this now great work I love this picture :1laugh: ,

I've posted on the GPM2 Facebook page giving a link to the download hopefully some people will see it there.
Attachments
punch.png
punch.png (212.21 KiB) Viewed 47 times
Author of GPM2 1986, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Mods

1986 Download
2012 Download
2013 Download
2014 Download
Sean

Postby Nuppiz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Yep that was one of the "easter eggs" I added in the mod. There's a couple more if you dig through the game files. :1tongue:

Thanks for making the Facebook post!
Nuppiz

PreviousNext

Return to Mods