GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Tool: GPWEdit v1.0 - Upgrade and modify GPW!

Links to mods and updates for Grand Prix World

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, RacerBG

Re: Tool: GPWEdit v1.0 - Upgrade and modify GPW!

Postby Pedrocas76 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:10 am

Hello again.
Still can't acess the edit file to change the game...
Always apears '76 error message...
Pedrocas76

Postby Niehoff » Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 pm

maybe i can help here:

windows 10 and i think 7 and 8, too dont let you use the gpwedit to upgrade the .exe if you installed gpw and/or gpwedit in the C/.....folder. go to the folder you installed both, right click, and give the user full right to change everything. read and write.

for me, the problem was solved with it

Does anybody know how to give the Teams the correct engine suppliers in the starting season?
williams has a honda engine, mercedes a ferrari engine and mclaren has a mercedes works deal.
i tried is with the gpwedit3.2 but i give every team the correct sponsor, i save, load the game and still get the same shit. when i reopen the editor it shows all correct. but for some reason, the game makes what it wants.
Niehoff

Postby Veedub » Thu May 10, 2018 4:45 am

Yes, if you install GPW to a protected area that needs administrator rights (e.g. C:\Program Files), then you must run GPW Edit in administrator mode so that it has permission to modify files. I usually install the game to C:\Gpw to get around this issue. :1smiley:

I hope to improve GPW Edit in the future to help you with this issue.

@Niehoff - i believe there is no editor that supports changes to engine suppliers. I hope to look at this in the future for GPW Edit but there's a bit of work involved. gpwedit3.2 has some support but as you have found out it is not 100% yet.
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby Niehoff » Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 am

Veedub wrote:@Niehoff - i believe there is no editor that supports changes to engine suppliers. I hope to look at this in the future for GPW Edit but there's a bit of work involved. gpwedit3.2 has some support but as you have found out it is not 100% yet.

the lexx editor does! so for the first season i got the correct engine suppliers.
sadly, after one season all supliers change. thats ok and should be like this, but mercedes drives with ferrari enginges, ferrari with renault and so on. these 3 should be fix.
i solved the problem by choosing before race 1 the gpwedit savegame editor. you can choose there sponsor for next year and give there a 10 years contract for 10 years so renault mercedes and ferrari stay with there engine works deal. sadly the editor is buggy with the suppliers. i choose ferrari, save it, and it gives some random deal :1rolleyes:

looking forward to new updates for your gpwpatch
Niehoff

Postby mansellsmoustache » Sat May 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Fixing the engine contracts issue would be awesome and would definitely have me playing this great game again. I can't stand to play MM because of its awful/non-existent commercial and suppliers model, GPW does that so well. Simply having the ability to ensure manufacturers are tied to long terms works deals with their own engine would be brilliant, hope you can crack that one Veedub.
mansellsmoustache

Postby frank_olaf » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:30 am

What car design calculation/handling calculation is used in this upgrade?

I know there was a discussion in this thread, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=223, about how to best set this up.

The reason I am asking is because I have a 5* designer (Rory Byrne) and went through all the design stages completely and 'only' ended up with a handling rating of 60% in my new car.

Thanks.
frank_olaf

Postby Veedub » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:20 am

@MansellsMoustache not sure if we can crack giving Ferrari a 10 year Ferrari engine deal, as that could play havoc with the Works/Partner/Customer logic but I presume it could work. Definitely something I want to achieve one day... :1smiley:

frank_olaf wrote:What car design calculation/handling calculation is used in this upgrade? The reason I am asking is because I have a 5* designer (Rory Byrne) and went through all the design stages completely and 'only' ended up with a handling rating of 60% in my new car.

Without going into complete detail, Chief Designer is weighted 25% and Chief Engineer is weighted 75%. Why more weighting for engineers? They demand greater salaries, so it makes more sense they have a greater influence on car performance. Every skill rating is worth 5% for a designer and 15% for an engineer (where skill rating of 1 is 0%). So Rory Byrne contributed 20% to your new car, and the rest came from your engineer, design efficiency and random chance. I hope to explain this calculation in the tool itself at a later date. :1smiley:

And a useful tip, your engineer is responsible for the year on year component ratings (clutch, gearbox etc.) for performance and reliability. The better your engineer, the better random chance that you get higher ratings in your components.
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Previous

Return to Mods & Updates