GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Tool: GPWEdit v1.0 - Upgrade and modify GPW!

Links to mods and updates for Grand Prix World

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, RacerBG

Re: Tool: GPWEdit v1.0 - Upgrade and modify GPW!

Postby Niehoff » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 pm

Thats interisting. maybe we should have a look at lexxeditors code? they managed to to it
Niehoff

Postby Veedub » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:07 am

Yeah, I should be able to do a before and after comparison to determine what LexxEditor changes when it "changes" the game year. :1smiley:

I also just had a rare surge of brain activity and realised that I could just code in a new function that returns the artificial game year when it's only required for display purposes. So I can leave the majority of the game code as it is, so it always thinks it will be 1998 until 2007. But on screens where it asks for the game year for display, hopefully I can redirect the request to add X to the real game year. e.g. for a 2018 mod, GetArtificialGameYear = CurrentGameYear + 20.
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby Niehoff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Should work. Maybe lexxeditor is doing that, too?
Niehoff

Postby IgFelipe » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Hey I'm trying to use lexxeditors in my game, and it is not working, even though the editor is in the game folder and I'm trying to runa as administrator. Can someone hepl me?
IgFelipe

Postby Jops » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Hey guys, just came to drop by and get back into this fantastic update, 1 problem, link for download isnt working.

Also is there a download for the full game? struggling as new laptop has no disc slot!
Jops

Postby Simul810 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Try the google drive folder for the editor. The 2018 mod thread has a link for the full game.
Simul810

Postby Jops » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Ok! So good news, game works perfectly, except whenever I use dldraw or whetever the file is, my in game mouse freezes and is replaced by PC mouse, so clicking drops me back to desktop and crashes it. So watching races live is still a no-go.

However, I am now almost an incredibly crap version of all the talented modders we have here! Managed to use the upgraded .exe on the 2000 version. Upgraded the exe from my 2000 file, and then from a backed up folder, copied every file (except for the EXE) and voila, you now have 2000 sponsors, teams etc on the new exe! It did take me a couple of hours to update all the drivers stats but it was worth it, added Takagi as the Jordan T Driver, Junquiera at Williams and Webber at Arrows, and just added Fittipaldi and a couple other extras I like.

Only real issue. The new editor, as amazing as it is, gives no option for editing Engine deals. So i can't move teams around to the relevant engine suppliers and I also can't upgrade the engine cash/R&D stats. Managed to do it on my old old PC using LEXX Editor 1.0 (weirdly still works on the new exe), only drawback is can't edit slots or team facilities. So kinda managed to get there on 2000, save for the fact I dont really have enough engine supplier spots to accurately depict it (IE Jordan use Cosworth instead of Honda)

So long story short, I love this editor, only requests would be to edit starting engine/fuel deals and facilities. Tyres work fantastically - Can even assign Michelin to teams and although they wont show up as a supplier in game, the teams will still actually use Michelin!
Jops

Postby Veedub » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:43 am

RobClass1c wrote:Is there anyway to make Toyota and Michelin available from the start?

Niehoff wrote:Does anybody know how to give the Teams the correct engine suppliers in the starting season? williams has a honda engine, mercedes a ferrari engine and mclaren has a mercedes works deal.

mansellsmoustache wrote:Fixing the engine contracts issue would be awesome and would definitely have me playing this great game again. Simply having the ability to ensure manufacturers are tied to long terms works deals with their own engine would be brilliant, hope you can crack that one Veedub.

Ferrim wrote:1) The ability to change how much each sponsor pays during the first season.
2) The ability to change how much FIA Funding each team gets during the first season.

Veedub wrote:So I need to find a way to properly change the game year and check every reference to 1997 through to 2008, more or less, and allow it to be updated, to make sure the game can run from say season 2018 to 2027 without losing gameplay logic.

All resolved. Refer to GPW Edit v1.1 to fulfil these desires.

Setting contract lengths is near impossible through the game executable, as all contracts default to a year long at game start. However it may be something for a saved game editor in the future to extend contract lengths after saving the game immediately after starting a career.

Outstanding issues from this thread are the ability to change factory size, factory costs and staff limits. Something that is partially developed already for a future version of GPW Edit.

Locking thread. Totally satisfying. :1cool:
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Previous

Return to Mods & Updates