GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

can't see any text after a few minutes

Discussion about the game Grand Prix World.
If you need help, post here.

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, RacerBG

can't see any text after a few minutes

Postby KiLLu12258 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:24 pm

i have a new problem, i wasnt playing gp world for a while but now its not working anymore.. still on win7 nothing changed.

its opening without problems but after a while it looks like this..

any text dissapears

i hope you can help me
KiLLu12258

Re: can't see any text after a few minutes

Postby KiLLu12258 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:06 am

no one? :(
KiLLu12258

Postby Veedub » Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 am

Sorry for the late reply - what language are you running the game in? English?

Maybe your language file (english.txt) is corrupted?

- Make a copy of your english.txt file
- Replace the english.txt with an original copy of the english.txt file (e.g. from the v1.01 patch).
- Test and let us know if the problem is not resolved.

Do you see text in the game and then it disappears or is there no text from the moment you start the game?
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby MarkGS » Thu May 03, 2018 3:55 pm

I have the same exact Problem here. After just a few Minutes of playing all text is gone. Perhaps more like after a few mouse clicks in the game. What I mean is, it happens with a mouse click. This can be wile switching between menus or changing values. Suddenly, you click something and the text is gone never to come back. Only after restarting the game. On a race weekend It never affects the racing screen, but it affects the options screen of the racing weekend and pre-race settings, weather forecast etc., and the race result screens.

I have Windows 7 x64, and besides that problem the game is running perfectly. I also remember not having this problem 3 years ago on the same OS. It happens with 1.01b and 1.03b versions of the game. Also with the english.txt from the Villeneuve patch.
MarkGS

Postby KiLLu12258 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:50 pm

MarkGS wrote:I have the same exact Problem here. After just a few Minutes of playing all text is gone. Perhaps more like after a few mouse clicks in the game. What I mean is, it happens with a mouse click. This can be wile switching between menus or changing values. Suddenly, you click something and the text is gone never to come back. Only after restarting the game. On a race weekend It never affects the racing screen, but it affects the options screen of the racing weekend and pre-race settings, weather forecast etc., and the race result screens.

I have Windows 7 x64, and besides that problem the game is running perfectly. I also remember not having this problem 3 years ago on the same OS. It happens with 1.01b and 1.03b versions of the game. Also with the english.txt from the Villeneuve patch.

exactly this..

@veedub i play in german
KiLLu12258

Postby Veedub » Fri May 04, 2018 5:50 am

Thanks both for the info, sadly it's something I havent come across before. If it has happened before with the 'official' v1.01b version with no mods, then hopefully we can rule out any changes I've made over the years. It sounds like it's a graphics issue rather than a corruption issue. Perhaps its a similar issue to the flickering that some people see on the race screens, but the opposite for you guys, obviously. Race screens are limited to 30fps and menu screens are unlimited (generally 150-300 fps) so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm guessing that when you lose the text in the menu and proceed to a race, it loads a "new" screen for the race and that's why the text still works in the race.

Has the text ever disappeared while watching qualifying/race? Or only in the menus?
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby MarkGS » Fri May 04, 2018 6:30 am

I also never experienced this issue before. It's weird cos as I said, I was playing GPW on the same OS three years ago without problems. The text never disappears in the race window, but in all others. I'll do some experiments. If I find a solution, I will post it here.

Thanks for the reply
MarkGS

Postby MarkGS » Sun May 06, 2018 9:44 am

Downloading and installing the latest version of DDrawCompat solved the issue for me (Win7 x64).
Just place the ddraw.dll into your main GPW installation folder. That's it.

https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat/ ... tag/v0.2.1
MarkGS

Postby MarkGS » Sun May 06, 2018 4:34 pm

When using the ddraw.ll fix, you must also upgrade your GPW with GPWEdit! Otherwise you won't lose the text but will get serious issues on the racing screen!
MarkGS

Postby Veedub » Mon May 07, 2018 2:25 am

Good to hear MarkGS. Hopefully the game works flawlessly now!

@killu12258 it may also work for you on windows 7. try following MarkGS instructions for DDrawCompat, as DDrawCompat might bring some graphical fixes that will make the game work better under Windows 7. just ask if you get stuck. :1smiley:
Veedub

Next

Return to Discussion & Help