GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Revisiting the Minardi strategy

Discussion about the game Grand Prix World.
If you need help, post here.

Moderators: Veedub, Sean, RacerBG

Re: Revisiting the Minardi strategy

Postby Veedub » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:30 am

Nice effort, even it was a touch easier due to better results and improved morale. I love the challenge with the stock game. I don't remember/know exactly how the morale works but I suspect you have a starting morale level of 10,000 and you lose a % of that every race, depending on the quality of your staff/department. So let's say you lose 2,000 morale a race because you have excellent staff... you are expected to counter that loss by making gains, whether it is by making spares, repairing cars, testing miles, sponsorship signings, merchandise deals etc. So if you sign a customer deal, you might gain 1,000 morale but if you sign a works deal you might gain 16,000 morale but it takes you more races to do that, as you gradually lose morale. So as Minardi, doing/signing stuff as soon as possible will keep your morale up for longer and being able to get stuff done before you can no longer keep morale from going into the dreaded downward spiral. So sometimes it's better to sign a customer tyre/fuel deal and then go for the works engine deal.

Drivers are typically motivated by race finishes and race results, and lots and lots of testing! They still complain even when you cannot do any further development on the chassis/engine/tyres/fuel!

You just need to keep that cash flow steady so you can make it to the end of the 1998 season, build your 1999 cars and then hope that you have enough incoming funds in 1999 to pay off your massive 1998 loan.

P.S. I love EU4 and HOI4 but they are far too addictive for me! I'd rather stick with GPW and hacking/coding. Great minds think alike.
There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.
Veedub

Postby Ferrim » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:56 am

Veedub wrote:P.S. I love EU4 and HOI4 but they are far too addictive for me! I'd rather stick with GPW and hacking/coding. Great minds think alike.

I've actually never upgraded from HOI2! Well, actually Darkest Hour, which was developed from HOI2, on the same engine, by an brillant com la purpurina team under a license from Paradox.

HOI3 was too slow for the computer I had back then, and too buggy on release, so I stuck with HOI2 then Darkest Hour, which has a new map and a ton of mods. Then came girlfriend, job, wife, kid(s), and any free time I get I spend it on old gems like GPW, HOI2, or Hattrick on the MMOG genre (I wish I had time for GPRO!)

I don't have neither the time nor the will to start with more complex games, and the plus side is that I don't need a top-of-the-line computer to run those old games at great speed.

It's basically the same reason why I've barely played Motorsport Manager. Maybe when I'm 50 or so... :1grin:
Ferrim

Postby Niehoff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Ferrim wrote:
Veedub wrote:P.S. I love EU4 and HOI4 but they are far too addictive for me! I'd rather stick with GPW and hacking/coding. Great minds think alike.

HOI3 was too slow for the computer I had back then, and too buggy on release

Thats solved. I had the problem, too. If you have the expansion packs with their finest hour (the latest), its fixed. The expansion packs are bug fixes, too :1grin: You should give Hoi3 a try. The complete edition is now out for a few euro.... Hoi4 is a mess. Bad gameplay dont like it. Hoi 2 was great. But no 3 is the real deal for me. :1grin:
Niehoff

Previous

Return to Discussion & Help