GPRaceGames

forums.gpracegames.com

Grand Prix Manager (1995)

Post links to mods and updates for Grand Prix Manager 2.

Moderators: Sean, RacerBG

Re: Grand Prix Manager (1995)

Postby DNPQ » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:38 pm

Nuppiz wrote:But if enough people are interested I could carry on. I've already got teams, drivers, engines and graphics sorted out, just need to find out where the track and calendar data is stored and we could have ourselves a proper mod some day...

I'm really intrigued. The game allows you to add more teams, which looks quite interesting. I am strongly in favor of creating a mod, and will try to help in finding the missing data. So far I managed to find the calendar in the executable file, the nationality of the main drivers and some data of the tracks.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z5iv1czckgv6hgc/GPM1.hbk/file
DNPQ

Postby FranS99 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:40 am

DNPQ wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:But if enough people are interested I could carry on. I've already got teams, drivers, engines and graphics sorted out, just need to find out where the track and calendar data is stored and we could have ourselves a proper mod some day...

The game allows you to add more teams, which looks quite interesting.

Wait, do you mean like, adding more cars than the actual "limit" of the game let us play in GPM2 (13) for example? :o
I will drive flat out all the time… I love racing.
FranS99

Postby ivaneurope » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:45 am

FranS99 wrote:
DNPQ wrote:

Wait, do you mean like, adding more cars than the actual "limit" of the game let us play in GPM2 (13) for example? :o

I don't think it's possible :(
ivaneurope

Postby DNPQ » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:48 am

FranS99 wrote:
DNPQ wrote:

At least in the qualification involves all 32 cars.
DNPQ

Postby Nuppiz » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:04 pm

DNPQ wrote:
FranS99 wrote:
DNPQ wrote:The game allows you to add more teams, which looks quite interesting.

At least in the qualification involves all 32 cars.

Yeah, one of the few reasons why I'd even bother with this project is that GPM1 supports more teams than GPM2 - 16 in total. Which is why I've always planned for the first mod to be based on the 1992 season, as it featured exactly 32 cars whenever Andrea Moda was even nominally attempting something and none of the other teams were bankrupt yet...

Nice to see there is some interest in modding the game, and that DNPQ has even made some further research! Finding even bits of data helps a lot, as I can usually figure out the pattern once I know where to look. For example, the GPM2 bookmarks I initially received from IanWoollam only contained the data for a couple of tracks; I had to figure out the rest myself.

I've been a bit too preoccupied to work on GPM1 at all lately, but I have a week-long holiday coming up in a couple of weeks. I'll see what I can do during that time.
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Postby ivaneurope » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:45 am

OK, how to install Win311 in ORACLE VirtualBox? I've tried on DosBox and it didn't work.

Obviously if someone, somehow reverse engineered the game and made it compatible for both 32 and 64 bit OS, that would've been awesome, but none of us here has the programming skills required to do this.

Also is it possible to run the game on 32-bit Linux OS?
ivaneurope

Postby DNPQ » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:44 am

It turns out in the game the driver can get permanent injury, and no longer participate in the race, although the AI will try to enter into a contract with him.
DNPQ

Postby Nuppiz » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 pm

GPM2 has the same functionality, but it's glitched - by the start of the next season the "permanently injured" driver is completely fine.
Author of more than a dozen GPM2 Mods. Nowadays mostly consulting and helping others with their projects.
Nuppiz

Postby FranS99 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:51 pm

DNPQ wrote:It turns out in the game the driver can get permanent injury, and no longer participate in the race, although the AI will try to enter into a contract with him.

That's a soft way to tell you "he died", to be fair. :1tongue:

Not really, I hope the developers made it based on Pironi's & Laffite accidents, where both of them broke their legs and, well, never came back to F1.
I will drive flat out all the time… I love racing.
FranS99

Postby Brunorcs22 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:57 pm

So guys, how is the progress going? Just made my GPM work and i am REALLY looking foward to this 1992 mod
Brunorcs22

PreviousNext

Return to Mods